Existing sterilization methods are slow. They’re often single-purpose, and they aren’t suited to processing a large quantity of items in high-traffic spaces.
UVC Buddy is a general-purpose rapid sterilization system for use in high-traffic indoor environments. Users place their personal belongings on a safe conveyor belt, which passes these items through a protected tunnel equipped with powerful ultraviolet lamps that kill 99% of viruses and other microbes in ten seconds.
Designed to keep the world moving, UVC Buddy is flexible, it's intuitive, and it's powerful.
Cortex Design is a product development firm located in Toronto. We deliver turn-key, end to end product development services for the purpose of delivering fantastic human experiences. Cortex's focus is primarily on innovative health devices and medtech, but we develop consumer and commercial products of all industries. We work closely with our clients through each stage, from scoping out the project early on to providing manufacturing services on an ongoing basis. Cortex operates under an ISO9001:2015 certified Quality Management System.
Cortex Design – Client Product Awards / Accolades
Client: CloudDX – VITALITI
- Bold Epic Innovator XPRIZE Winner in the $10M Qualcomm Tricorder XPRIZE
- The Tricorder is now in clinical trials with an expected product launch date of 2019
Client: Voltera V-One
- Voltera was named one of the Top 25 Fastest Growing companies in Canada in 2018.
- Global James Dyson Award Winner, 2015.
- Listed as one of Popular Science’s Inventions of the Year, 2015.
- 2015 Spark Award
- PriceWaterhouseCooper’s Vision to Reality Award – Recognized as a Top 10 Up and Coming Technology Company
- Cannes Innovation Lion – Finalist