Two individuals with split identities share the same birthdates, who spent 99% together as if we are the same person as if our lives coexist as one human being. The two of us share the same vision in life; yet still, we are somehow quite different and we know it. In this project Nature versus nurture plays a crucial part in our lives as twins as in how differently we perceive life through different bodies but being judged as one. We apply the grading system of patterns which is the method of converting size or sample size patterns into additional sizes of the body’s measurements.
Margarita and Cristina Ng Ng are Chinese-Dominican born and raised in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, from Chinese immigrant parents. They moved to New York to pursue fashion at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT). After getting their bachelor’s degrees in 2017 and interning for over a year at Proenza Schouler in the atelier department. They had the opportunity to have their first runway show in Barcelona Fashion Weekend in 2018. After that, they decided to further continue their higher education to obtain their Master's degree in fashion design at FIT and graduated in May 2020.
- New York Fashion Week - Flying Solo Runway 2021
- Digital Runway Show - Dominicana Moda 2020
- Selected as finalists for iD International Emerging Designers Awards 2018
- CFDA/Fashion Future Graduate Showcase 2017
- Selected to represent FIT at the graduate fashion week London 2017
- Selected to senior fashion show/FIT 2017